The International Cricket Council (ICC) expressed disappointment that a stranger appeared to have recorded inside Indian batter Virat Kohli’s hotel room in Perth. ICC responds to Virat Kohli’s privacy complaint.
The well-known Indian cricketer had previously stated that he was “paranoid about his privacy” and condemned the invader’s conduct. Kohli has looked excellent thus far in the competition. He has two unbeaten half-centuries, but his country lost to South Africa in Perth on Sunday.
ICC responds to Virat Kohli’s privacy complaint
“The ICC is incredibly disappointed by the gross invasion of privacy suffered by a member of the Indian traveling party at the Crown Perth. During their team’s pre-event preparation ahead of the ICC Men’s T20 World Cup 2022,” ICC said in a statement.
“We continue to work with event hotels and security providers to ensure that this remains an isolated incident and player privacy is fully respected at all times.”
The hotel said it had launched an investigation in response to the incident. A contractor had been “stood down.”
A Crown Resorts spokesperson, speaking to AFP, said: “We are aware of an incident involving a contractor and the privacy of a guest at Crown Perth.”
“We unreservedly apologize to the guest involved and will continue to take the necessary steps to ensure this remains an isolated incident.
“We have zero tolerance for this behavior, which falls well below the standards we set for our team members and contractors.
“Crown took immediate steps to rectify the issue, including launching an investigation and standing down the individuals involved.
“The original video was also swiftly removed from the social media platform.
“We are also cooperating with the Indian Cricket team and the International Cricket Council to convey our apologies and will continue to work with them as we progress our investigation.”
Kohli has been in blazing form with two match-winning unbeaten half-centuries at the tournament but fell for 12 in his team’s loss to South Africa in Perth on Sunday.