India beat Pakistan by 7 wickets. Pakistan’s last eight wickets tumbled for a mere 36 runs, resulting in their total being restricted to 191. On the other hand, Rohit Sharma contributed a solid 86 from 63 deliveries, leading India to a convincing victory with 117 balls to spare. This triumph marked India’s eighth consecutive win against Pakistan in 50-over World Cup matches. The match was held at the colossal Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad, capable of accommodating 132,000 spectators.
India beat Pakistan by 7 wickets | World Cup 2023
India’s impeccable record against Pakistan in World Cup encounters extended to 8-0 as their opponents suffered a disastrous batting collapse, paving the way for a seven-wicket win in a packed Ahmedabad. The Narendra Modi Stadium, with its massive seating capacity, hosted this highly anticipated showdown in the world of cricket, a rare occurrence due to prevailing political tensions. The fervent Indian supporters witnessed their team dismantle Pakistan, restricting them to a meager 191 runs after Babar Azam, the skipper, was dismissed for 50, triggering the downfall of their last eight wickets.
IND vs PAK in 50-over World Cups
- 1992 – India won by 43 runs (Sydney)
- 1996 – India won by 39 runs (Bangalore)
- 1999 – India won by 47 runs (Manchester)
- 2003 – India won by six wickets (Centurion)
- 2011 – India won by 29 runs (Mohali)
- 2015 – India won by 76 runs (Adelaide)
- 2019 – India won by 89 runs (Manchester)
- 2023 – India won by seven wickets (Ahmedabad)